Are you a Transformed Christian? Part 3
Score 99%Score 99%
Who then is a transformed Christian?
As you read Ephesians 4, you will notice the reverse or the converse of these five things in the life of a man who is transformed and I will just list three in this short discussion.
- The conduct is changed. The actions, the activities.
- The conversation, the speech is changed. You will find this in v22. He says put off concerning the former conversation the old man which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; there is a change of conduct, there is a change of conversation or communication.
- There is a change of character.
Now these three changes: changes in conduct, changes in conversation and changes in character are actually dependent on two things, namely;
- Changes in creed: Your beliefs will affect your attitude and your attitude will form the basis of your character. Your character in turn will dictate your conduct. There has to be changes in your belief if there will be a change in your character. The moment you see what you thought was right before as wrong, then your attitude will change.
For example, if you are going on the street and someone stretches his fingers at you and says “waka”, how will you reply? You will say “shege, God punish you. God destroy you and destroy your father.” Why? Because you have a belief that whoever stretches his fingers at you is actually insulting you. But the truth is that the fellow is only showing you he has five fingers and it is nothing to be angry about! Your beliefs form the basis of your attitude.
Let me give you another example. If somebody says to me “Sunday you are a fool, I say you are a fool.” Is that an insult? No, it is not an insult. It is just a statement, and the statement could be true or false. If the statement is true, what should I say? “Thank you for reminding me.” But if it is a statement that is not true what should I say? “I don’t think it is true, it is not a statement of fact”. The problem is not with me but with the person who is telling a lie. However what I have just stated will be extremely difficult if your mind has not been renewed. So your beliefs will have to change IF you are going to.
- Life transfer: However, it is not just your belief that has to change. The most important factor is that there is a life. There has to be a transfer of life. There is a life you must possess. We call it eternal life. We call it the life of God. We call it the new creation man. Some call it ZOE. To talk about a quality of life, a life that is different from that of an animal or that of just a “homo sapien” – a biological man.
Paul says “put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness” (Eph 4:24). In Christ, there is a life. If you don’t have it, you will just make “new year” resolutions which you will break before the beginning of the “new year”. You know the day Moses was coming with the Ten Commandments, even before they read the first one, they had broken six already. Oh I see people who struggle, who say, “I want to be a Christian, I want to be changed. I don’t know what is wrong with me.” What is wrong has to do with a life, a nature that is missing.
So to be transformed there will have to be a change in your conduct. There will have to be a change in your conversation. There will have to be a change in your character. But those changes are brought about by a change in your beliefs/creeds and by a life, the life of God.
The Post at A Glance!
Summary To be transformed there will have to be a change in your conduct. There will have to be a change in your conversation. There will have to be a change in your character. But those changes are brought about by a change in your beliefs/creeds and by a life, the life of God.
Transormation and Spiritual Development